Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: "You almost died, that’s what’s happened," Buffy scoffed. "And the fever isn’t helping. And you’re in the wreckage of the Wolfram and Hart med lab, in case you’re wondering."
 
Spike really only registered one part of that. "But vampires don’t get fevers."
 
"I know," she said softly.
 
In this version of BtVS season 8, we will see Xander date a normal girl for once, discover why the Immortal and Buffy entered each other's lives, and answer the age-old question of the Shanshu Propechy. Actually, more than one age-old question about it. And if we could figure out how to not have so many apocalpyses anymore, well, that wouldn't be terrible.
Categories: Post-Series, Crossover (AtS)
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Andrew Wells, Angel, Connor, Dawn, Faith Lehane, Giles, Illyria, Original Characters, Other, Oz, Riley Finn, Tara, The Immortal, Willow, Xander
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dramedy, Fluffy, HEA/HFN, Hurt/Comfort, Plot-driven, Reunion, Romance, Slow Burn
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Buffy/Other (Temp), Character Death, Human!Spike, Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 12
Word count: 121,244 Hit Count: 6,207 ePub Downloads: 17
Published: 01/11/23 Updated: 10/11/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Okay, so I've got some THINGS to say about this one. I started watching Buffy in 2020 (two weeks BEFORE the pandemic and lockdowns so haha I was ahead of the curve) and I knew literally nothing about it or its fanfiction history while I was binging it for three months. And then I got into the writing craze and wrote "When Buffy Knew," which was a short and sweet little handful of missing S7 Spuffy moments, but then I decided... that I was going to write what a Season 8 might have looked like, if there had been another 22 episodes of Buffy after AtS Season 5.
 
Because surely no one had had THAT idea before. 
 
I spent like four months outlining it in great detail, and I was totally in it all the way with a story arc and big bads and tying up all these loose ends and questions and fitting every single relevant character in, even trying to make the chapters take 45 minutes to read, and really taking it in a Spuffy-friendly direction that I thought feasibly might have been shown on the air. It was ambitious, and I wrote it faithfully for three months. But that was back when I was pretty much by myself... and then I discovered Elysian Fields in 2021 with its community and betas and challenges and shiny happy distractions and, well, this story fell to the wayside because it was such a massive project and I started getting ideas for other things I wanted to write instead.
 
BUT for this fandom I refuse to leave any of my babies abandoned forever. So, although I now know much MORE about the history of the show, the creators and actors, the fandom, the fics, and what really sells in the Spuffy world, I will still be completing this story as originally outlined. Is it a good story? Meh, it's aight, about as good as I can get trying to write a whole season by myself, I'd say. Is it a story I would have written today? No, no it is not. 
 
But here we are, and I have gone on way too long, but hey, this page is my little piece of the Internet and I can say whatever I want about my own story, lol. If you read it, thank you! If you enjoy it, even more thank yous! If you have issues with it... I probably do, too. There's some stuff I'm really proud of and some stuff I'm excited still to write for it, but also some stuff that I look at and really regret. But for posterity, and to prove to myself that I can write and finish something of this magnitude all by my lonesome, I present These Endless Days to you now. 
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Welcome Back by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 4 Comments: 16 Word Count: 9,809 Hit Count: 827 Published: 01/11/23

Takes place after "Not Fade Away." Any similarity to the comics is purely coincidental, as I didn't even know they existed when I was outlined this! All AtS Season 5 events are considered canon at face value in this story, so... there's gonna be a fair bit of Buffy/The Immortal for a while. 

Apologies for the typos that regrettably I do not have time to go back and fix, le sigh.

2. Three Wishes by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 3 Comments: 7 Word Count: 9,772 Hit Count: 614 Published: 02/01/23

 

Note on the timeline here: I'm making "Not Fade Away" have happened in August 2004, so that this "season" could start that month, too. This chapter takes place immediately after the previous one. 

Thanks so much to VeroNyxK84, who is now helping to catch my typos! She's definitely making this a much more pleasant experience to read. thanks

3. Game Face by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 2 Comments: 4 Word Count: 9,917 Hit Count: 625 Published: 02/14/23

Since writing this chapter I have been told that you do NOT in fact have raccoons in England, which is such a wild concept to me, lol, but we'll pretend this one escaped from a zoo or something. (Do they even keep raccoons in zoos? I know literally nothing about animals)

4. Breathe by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 3 Comments: 5 Word Count: 9,794 Hit Count: 561 Published: 02/21/23

So I guess that big house that Willow and Giles are hanging out in in "Lessons" and "Beneath You" belongs to the coven, and not actually to Giles??? But when I first watched it I assumed that house and horse and everything were his, and I've never been able to shake that headcanon. So, any mention of Giles' house in this story... just imagine that one. 

5. The Seven by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 3 Comments: 5 Word Count: 9,967 Hit Count: 565 Published: 04/06/23

Thanks to my amazing Scoobie of the Month friend Vero for proofreading the previous chapters!

6. Mind's Eye by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 2 Comments: 5 Word Count: 11,771 Hit Count: 596 Published: 04/19/23

Apologies for anything I say about England or Italy in this chapter that is not strictly true--- this is based on what I've heard, but if you see something that just makes you CRINGE with how wrong it is, please let me know, lol.

 

Thank you so much to Vero for catching my grammar and spelling mistakes!

7. The Vampire With Soul by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 2 Comments: 5 Word Count: 9,949 Hit Count: 543 Published: 05/03/23

To those of you impatient for questions to be answered and secrets to start coming out--this one's for you! This chapter is close to three years old now from when it was originally written, but I remember loving writing it, so I think I was super impatient to get here, too. 

Still got a ways to go yet though, so don't expect everything to happen all at once! Thanks so much for reading!

8. Breaking Point by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 2 Comments: 3 Word Count: 9,657 Hit Count: 503 Published: 05/19/23

For those of you who know my real name, this is NOT a self-insert, lol! I just happen to be one of those narcissistic types who really likes what their name is. haha 

9. Masterpiece by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 3 Comments: 6 Word Count: 9,927 Hit Count: 451 Published: 05/31/23

I will be hiding in my bunker after posting this chapter, lol, because I know some of you will hate me for what goes on in it! But I am following a tradition of this show, and there will be more where THAT came from, so brace yourselves now!

Thanks SO MUCH to Vero for proofreading all chapters up to now!

10. What I Hate About You Part 1 by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 3 Comments: 9 Word Count: 9,972 Hit Count: 467 Published: 06/14/23

Sorry Riley haters, but I was very apologetic of Riley during my initial viewing of BtVS haha... I still don't hate him as much as most, but I ALWAYS absolutely despised Buffy's relationship with him, and I probably wouldn't write him today like I do in this story! 

That being said, some questions will finally be answered in this chapter as others are raised...

11. What I Hate About You Part 2 by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 9,980 Hit Count: 376 Published: 06/21/23

A loadbearing chapter, this one!! Some questions will be answered, but I know there's a lot of lore and backstory being thrown at you very quickly and without much repeating in this story, so you guys are always free to ask me stuff if you get confused!

Thanks so much to Vero for all her proofreading help!!

12. Coming Up Roses by violettathepiratequeen - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 10,729 Hit Count: 79 Published: 10/11/23

Mild domestic abuse warning for this chapter--only discussed, not actually shown.

Okay so I'm trying this new thing with my WIPS where I'm veeeery carefully and unhurriedly just focusing on one chapter of one WIP at a time until it's done and ready to post, so this way they WILL get done, but current stuff will be coming out faster than older stuff, but either way writing is getting done and progress is getting made!

That being said, uh, this one was actually one of my pre-written ones from way back, so clunkiness abounds. 

Songs in this chapter are "Coming Up Roses" and "Drops of Jupiter."