Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: In this collection of 12 Spuffy-themed Christmas drabbles and flash fics, Buffy and Spike dive into the holiday season with their classic, witty banter and a hint of naughtiness. Each story is a light-hearted and festive exploration of their unique dynamic, filled with playful interactions and cheeky undertones. From engaging in mischievous mistletoe escapades to sharing humorous yet tender moments amidst the holiday bustle, the series captures the essence of their relationship with a festive twist. It's a perfect blend of humor, warmth, and a touch of spice.
Series: A Very Spuffy Christmas
A Gift For: Passion4Spike
Beta: ClowniestLivEver
Banner Art By: all choseny
Categories: Season 4, Season 6, Post-Series, Alternate Universe, Drabbles, Poetry
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn
Genres: Alternate Reality, Baby/Kid, Dramedy, Established Relationship, Fluffy, HEA/HFN, Holiday Fic, Lighthearted, Romance
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Chooses Not to Use Warnings
Completed: Yes Chapters: 12
Word count: 5,267 Hit Count: 531 ePub Downloads: 8
Published: 12/01/23 Updated: 12/12/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: This is a "Tis the Season" gift for my wonderful beta, Passion4Spike. I remember reading her one-shot "Just Breathe," and I absolutely fell in love with it. So, when I decided to write my one-shot, "A Place to Call Home," I knew I wanted to reach out to her for help, and she accepted! She is such a great beta to work with, always encouraging and honest. She also puts up with my multiple WIP writing. I am so grateful for her. 
Passion4Spike,
I hope you like this gift. It is but a small token of my appreciation for all the time you have given me.
 Merry Christmas,
 all_choseny,
I also want to give a very special thank you to ClowniestlLivEver for kindly agreeing to take time out to beta these stories.  You are appreciated! 
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. How the Spike Stole Christmas by all choseny - Likes: 8 Comments: 6 Word Count: 997 Hit Count: 93 Published: 12/01/23

You're a mean oneYou really are a heelYou're as cuddly as a cactusYou're as charming as an eelMr. Spike, you're a bad bananaMr. Spike, with the greasy black peel. 

Note: I aged Dawn down to around nine or ten years old. This was inspired by honeygirl51885's Candy Corn Mischief. I loved the idea of a younger Dawn. So, thank you for the idea! 

2. Twinges by all choseny - Likes: 4 Comments: 6 Word Count: 498 Hit Count: 54 Published: 12/02/23

Another Season 4 flash fic, drabble, whatever you want to call it (LOL). This is my "Great Value" Version (If you know you know) of the episode "Pangs."

I used the prompt, "spiked the eggnog," and I forgot to mention yesterday's prompt was "I saw Buffy Kissing Santa Claus." 

3. Baby It's Cold Outside by all choseny - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 100 Hit Count: 68 Published: 12/03/23

This one is a true drabble that takes place during season 6. The prompt was "Baby It's Cold Outside." 

4. Christmas is a Time to Love by all choseny - Likes: 4 Comments: 6 Word Count: 975 Hit Count: 37 Published: 12/04/23

This is a post-chosen ficlet. I hope you like it! The prompt is sleigh ride. 

5. Forever by all choseny - Likes: 5 Comments: 2 Word Count: 140 Hit Count: 34 Published: 12/05/23

This is a brief continuation of "Christmas is a Time to Love." The prompt is "crackling fireplace." 

6. Prime Shipping by all choseny - Likes: 6 Comments: 2 Word Count: 955 Hit Count: 57 Published: 12/06/23

So, I played a little bit in your sandbox, Passion4Spike. There's a tiny blink, and you'll miss it reference to Rock Solid. 

If ya'll haven't read that one, please do. It's amazing. 

The prompt is "last-minute shopping." 

7. The Big Bad Wears an Ugly Christmas Sweater by all choseny - Likes: 6 Comments: 4 Word Count: 265 Hit Count: 29 Published: 12/07/23

8. Unwrapped by all choseny - Likes: 5 Comments: 2 Word Count: 400 Hit Count: 42 Published: 12/08/23

Today's prompt is "Unwrapped." When I wrote these fics, I was just inspired by the prompts, but as I post them, I am trying to show a progression in their relationship. 

9. Our Kind of Normal by all choseny - Likes: 5 Comments: 2 Word Count: 244 Hit Count: 31 Published: 12/09/23

I'm playing in your sandbox again, P4S. I think you will recognize this little family. 

10. Christmas with the Weckerly's by all choseny - Likes: 3 Comments: 2 Word Count: 398 Hit Count: 25 Published: 12/10/23

Okay, P4S, I played in your sandbox one last time. I hope you liked this one. 

The prompt was "holiday hell," and it reminded me of one of my favorite movies, "Christmas with the Cranks," also known as "Saving Christmas," the novel the movie is based on. When I initially wrote this fic, it had Dawn, but then I remembered Dawn didn't exist in Unexpected Universe." 

11. Christmas Wouldn't Be Christmas by all choseny - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 100 Hit Count: 34 Published: 12/11/23

12. Th Gift that Keeps Giving by all choseny - Likes: 6 Comments: 10 Word Count: 195 Hit Count: 27 Published: 12/12/23

Well, this is the last entry. Cues up "End of the Road" by Boys2Men lol. 

The prompt is "The Gift that Keeps on Giving."