Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Word fun, for everyone! Find out what our crazy duo is up to now, with your own contributions! Can play on your own or with others - just follow the instructions, fill in the blanks, and read some silly customized scenes about our favorite couple. You know, the _______ (adjective) Slayer and her _______ (adjective) vampire.
Categories: Season 2, Season 4, Season 5, Post-Series, Episode Rewrite, Missing Scene
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Joyce
Genres: Lighthearted
Warnings: None
Completed: No Chapters: 4
Word count: 1,060 Hit Count: 238 ePub Downloads: 3
Published: 07/30/23 Updated: 07/30/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes:  
These mad libs were originally created as a game for a Spuffy fandom meet-up, but they are being shared here for others to enjoy as well. (I will keep the story as 'incomplete' in case I choose to add more pieces at a later time or for another meet-up.)
 
To play on your own: You can either print each chapter or grab a pen and paper. If printing, fold or tear to separate the list of words at the beginning of the chapter, not reading the rest of the text yet, and write your choices into the blanks of the word list. If not printing, scroll down just to where you can see the list of words needed; then use the pen and paper to write down your word choices, in order. Once you have your word choices, read the text in the rest of the chapter (on paper or scrolling down on the screen), and plug in your word choices when you get to each blank, in order. The most fun is had by reading aloud.
 
To play with others: You can either print each chapter or grab a pen and paper. Choose one person to be the leader for each mad lib. The leader can ignore the basic list of words at the top of the chapter and use the text itself, with required words indicated by blanks followed by the necessary word type in parentheses. The leader does not yet read the title of the story or any of the text, but starts by asking for the required words from the other players - taking turns obtaining word choices from the other participants until all blanks are filled. If printed, can write directly into the blanks; if using pen and paper, can write in a list in order. Then read the title, notes, and text to the other participants aloud, filling in the gifted words in the appropriate spaces as you go. The most fun is had by flavoring your speech like Spike and Buffy would.
 
A quickie review of word types:
noun - generally a person, place, or thing, though 'thing' is often the better direction for these mad libs; sometimes a blank may indicate something more specific, like a body part, an animal, an object, etc.; some blanks also indicate noun to be plural
adjective - describes something or somebody, usually placed before a noun; examples are: funnycolorfuluglybumpyhuge, etc.
adverb - describes how something is done, usually placed before a verb, can often end in -ly; examples are: quicklycarefullyjoyfullylonginglyclumsily, etc.
verb - an action, what someone does; sometimes will specifically request to put in past tense (like ranjumpedyell) or with -ing (runningjumpingyelling); if not specifically noted, keep in present tense (runjumpyell)
exclamation - a word or phrase used as an outcry; examples are: Wow!Yuck!Gadzooks!, As if!
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise, nor the MAD LIBS brand. No copyright infringement is intended.
 

1. Mad Lib #1 by bruskiboo - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 305 Hit Count: 83 Published: 07/30/23

(See Story Notes for full instructions)

2. Mad Lib #2 by bruskiboo - Likes: 3 Comments: 2 Word Count: 254 Hit Count: 54 Published: 07/30/23

(See Story Notes for full instructions)

3. Mad Lib #3 by bruskiboo - Likes: 3 Comments: 2 Word Count: 180 Hit Count: 50 Published: 07/30/23

(See Story Notes for full instructions)

4. Mad Lib #4 by bruskiboo - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 321 Hit Count: 51 Published: 07/30/23

(See Story Notes for full instructions)