Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Buffy never told her mom she's the slayer, so she never left town to live as Anne in L.A. When Spike comes back to town with Drusilla in tow, there's a perfect excuse already sitting around to explain for her mom why her life is so strange… Buffy's in a band.
 
Aka a truce fic, rock band style.
Series: In the Depths of October
Categories: Season 3, Between Seasons, Alternate Universe, One-Shot
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Drusilla, Joyce
Genres: Action/Adventure, Alternate Reality, Friendship, HEA/HFN, Holiday Fic, Plot-driven, Romance
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Cheating/Infidelity, Spike/Other (Temp)
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 6,720 Hit Count: 65 ePub Downloads: 5
Published: 10/31/23 Updated: 10/31/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. There is Never an Instant's Truce Between Virtue and Vice by acekoomboom - Likes: 5 Comments: 0 Word Count: 6,720 Hit Count: 65 Published: 10/31/23

The main timeline of this story is set in an alternate version of season three, where Angel never gets out of hell and Faith comes to town about a month later than she does in canon. Therefore, neither of them are in this story.

I had this Tumblr post sitting in my 'ideas,' Doc for a few months now, and when I was going through that behemoth for ItDoO this prompt stood out to me because I so heavily associate that moment with crisp autumn air, even tho in canon it happened during the spring apocalypse, lol. Buffy and Spike staring at her mom, Buffy in her black skull cap looking like a deer in headlights while Spike looks so casual and calm, I can feel the cool breeze right now. So I made this fic to continue that moment and that vibe into actual October for them :) 

Thank you very big Doublemeat Palace for the beta work!