Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: When Buffy receives a mysterious package on her birthday, she finds herself transformed into a puppet! With her emotions running high and her size running small, she turns to the one person she thinks can help without judgment: Spike. As they navigate magic, mayhem, and a surprising amount of felt, Buffy discovers that sometimes the best gifts come in the most unexpected forms.
Banner by scratchmeout
Banner Art By: scratchmeout
Categories: Season 5, Alternate Universe, Challenge Response, One-Shot
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anya, Dawn, Ethan Rayne, Giles, Joyce, Tara, Willow, Xander
Genres: Alternate Reality, Crack Fic, Fluffy, Friendship, Lighthearted
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 7,340 Hit Count: 84 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: 10/18/23 Updated: 10/18/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes: So, this story covers two challenges--the Truce Challenge and a challenge I issued some years ago that went unanswered. I really wanted fetch to happen, so I made fetch happen (that's a Mean Girls reference btw). Seriously, I wanted this story to happen, so I tried my hand at it. It's a comedy. It's funny to me; hopefully, it will be funny to you too. This story was inspired by the season 5 episode "Smile Time" on ATS. 
Thank you to scratchmeout for my beautiful banner! I went on discord with an idea, and she made it happen! I am deeply appreciative. 
Here was the challenge I issued: 
I hope this hasn't been done already, but if it has please point me to the fic. I'm in a silly mood and would like to read some comedic Spuffy. This idea is definitely crack fic. 
Smile Time Buffy

Buffy receives a mysterious package at her door. Since her Birthday is just a week away she thinks it's from her father and opens it. A bright light flashes and she is thrown across the room. When she pulls herself up, she's now a puppet!

Since puppet emotions are the extreme, she doesn't want her friends or family to see her as a puppet. She goes to Spike's crypt, and you take it from there!

Must haves:
- A lot of laughs and comedic moments
- Puppet Buffy majorly crushing on Spike (the puppet self allows her to indulge on her attraction).
-puppet buffy snuggling up to Spike while he holds her
-Spike being very caring of his puppet Buffy
-Buffy choosing Spike's protection over her friends
-Giles being unable to properly train Buffy because she's so small and he's afraid he might hurt her. Buffy proving him wrong.

Please avoid:
Any weird sexual stuff involving a puppet.
I got most of it in LOL. 
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by all choseny - Likes: 8 Comments: 10 Word Count: 7,340 Hit Count: 84 Published: 10/18/23

Story unbeta'd all mistakes are mine.