Sunnydale After Dark
Past Featured StorySummary: This was her gig, her night. He was the gate crasher. Setting her jaw, Buffy assumed the well-worn expression that read:
 
What the hell are you doing here, Spike?
Categories: Post-Series, Canon Compliant, Sunnydale After Dark Debut, Sunnydale After Dark Exclusive
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble
Genres: Fluffy, Hurt/Comfort, Lighthearted, Romance
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Completed: Yes Chapters: 9
Word count: 26,781 Hit Count: 2,687 ePub Downloads: 41
Published: 07/01/23 Updated: 11/06/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. In short, I do not own anything Joss would want and he owns a lot of stuff I do. I'm doing this solely to amuse myself and, maybe on a good day, entertain others. I leave that to them to decide.
Banner by Ginger
Author's Note: This is canon compliant inasmuch as it conforms to the canon as I define it, which is everything that transpired in the Buffyverse through the screen fading to black in Not Fade Away, Season 5, Episode 22 (the series finale) of Angel. While I am generally aware of what has transpired between Buffy and Spike in the comics, I do not and have never read the comics so my fics are not comic-canon compliant.

1. Chapter 1: A Night at the Opera by Ginger - Likes: 16 Comments: 22 Word Count: 2,839 Hit Count: 542 Published: 07/01/23

Well... my winter fic that got deferred to my spring fic is now my annual summer fic. What can I say, 2023 was already a real dumpster fire, schedule-wise, and then I got engaged, which I didn't think would be as big a deal as it has turned out to be since my partner and I have been together forever... but then everyone we know lost their damn minds over a decision we calmly made over breakfast one morning in March. Anyhoo...

The really good news is that I've finally settled in with these crazy kids to give them a largely angst-free (and fairly short on plot) adventure together retracing the route of a wonderful vacation we enjoyed at the end of last year. These days the news cycle is giving me all the drama I can (just barely) handle. I've missed them so much! It's been too long so, without further ado, I want to remind y'all that this is not beta'd and on with the show...

2. Chapter 2: Fancy Meeting You Here by Ginger - Likes: 20 Comments: 22 Word Count: 3,459 Hit Count: 345 Published: 07/06/23

Not beta'd...

3. Chapter 3: We Shall by Ginger - Likes: 21 Comments: 20 Word Count: 5,107 Hit Count: 352 Published: 07/17/23

I have been hella busy at work the last few weeks, but do these two care? Nope, they just keep keeping me up late with their shenanigans.

Not beta'd and entirely shameless, but I can't help myself because I just can't quit their crazy love. (I may be a bit punchy.)

More notes at the end.

 

4. Chapter 4: Once More into the Breach by Ginger - Likes: 18 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,747 Hit Count: 315 Published: 07/31/23

Warning: This chapter briefly references events that occured in this part of the world mid-last century - as in really, really bad events that make vampires seem relatively benign compared to the humans they hunt.

Not beta'd.

5. Chapter 5: Ginger and Fred by Ginger - Likes: 19 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,978 Hit Count: 285 Published: 09/11/23

Well, howdy! No, I have not been the victim of an alien abduction, and here's another chapter!

Not beta'd. Rated S for Schmoop (with a side of light angst).

6. Chapter 6: Like Old Times-ish by Ginger - Likes: 20 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,534 Hit Count: 264 Published: 09/29/23

Not a heck of a lot happens here; it's mostly a series of fun images that came to me with a side of Buffy musings.

Not beta'd.

7. Chapter 7: Viennese Waltz by Ginger - Likes: 18 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,737 Hit Count: 216 Published: 10/15/23

Not beta'd. Warning: This is sweeter than a sachertorte and may cause tooth decay.

8. Chapter 8: Contra Check by Ginger - Likes: 22 Comments: 12 Word Count: 3,331 Hit Count: 191 Published: 10/23/23

We're close to wrapping up my Summer fic , just one more chapter to go!

Not beta'd...

9. Epilogue: Things That Go Bump (and Grind) in the Night by Ginger - Likes: 25 Comments: 12 Word Count: 1,049 Hit Count: 177 Published: 11/06/23

And so ends my plucky little travelogue through Central Europe! Many thanks to everyone who took the time to read and comment, and to whomever nomimated me for author of the month in October. What a special treat to be acknowledged in my favorite month of the year!

Not beta'd. And for the last time (this time), on with the show...