Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Sunnydale After Dark's One-Year Anniversary Collaborative Banner Art Project

Spuffy Art: the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting, Manips, photography, or sketches, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their Spuffy beauty, emotional power, or humor and to celebrate this inspiring ship.
Categories: Graphic Arts
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 3
Word count: 3 Hit Count: 717 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: 06/24/23 Updated: 06/27/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: 110 individual art pieces were contributed to this project. 
Credit to all the artists: 
Moira Barrie
VeroNyxK84
Grief Counseling
Dusty
Trevor Carlee
Dirtyaim
Dynamite
Scratchmeout
ClowniestLiv
Violettathepiratequeen
Teragramm
William the Bloody Awful Rooster
Honeygirl51885
JSBirsa
Ace Quentin
Ginger
Maggie Lefay
Sandy_S
Spuffysoul
Flootzavut
Double Dutchess
Agentkikirogers
Sanshodelaine
Loveisntbrains
Lady Emma 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Sunnydale After Dark One-Year Anniversary Banner by Dynamite - Likes: 15 Comments: 16 Word Count: 1 Hit Count: 323 Published: 06/24/23

Various Artists

 

Sunnydale After Dark One-Year Anniversary Banner

 

Designed by Dynamite and Dirtyaim, this banner sets out to capture the spirit of the Sunnydale After Dark Community.

Sunnydale After Dark is about the love. It’s about connections and joy in finding that story or artwork that speaks to your Spuffy-loving soul. It’s about those beloved friends you’d never know unless you’d found this corner of the internet together. It’s about enjoying this fictional world in whichever way you want to. It’s about embracing the people who don’t always see things the way you do, and saying “Hey, we have this love in common, and that is more important here than all the many things we don’t share.” 

2. First Draft by Dynamite - Likes: 8 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1 Hit Count: 224 Published: 06/25/23

 

Various Artists

 

What Came First, the Ship or the Shippers?

 

Since "Home Sweet Home," fans have shipped Spuffy. What was the first piece of Spuffy fanart? Who wrote the first Spuffy fanfic? Why do we call Buffy/Spike Spuffy and not Bike? We may never know the answers to some questions about the history of the Spuffy fandom. Others are lost to time or the Wayback Machine. 

 

What we do know is that the Spuffy fanworks community is a vibrant, diverse community of talented artists who have kept the ship alive and growing for the last 26 years. And that is one hell of an accomplishment.

'The World Begins With a Kiss' mural in Barcelona inspired this banner project. Below is the first draft of the banner, done in the same style as the kissing mural. 

3. The Mural by Dynamite - Likes: 8 Comments: 13 Word Count: 1 Hit Count: 170 Published: 06/27/23

 

Various Artists

 

It's Not What You Do For the Ship; It's What the Ship Does For You

 

Inspire

 

Empower

 

Distraction

 

Connection

 

Community

 

Challenge

 

Broaden Your World View

 

What Does the Spuffy Fandom Do For You? 

Below is a screenshot of the building of the mural. One artwork at a time until the complete mural was created. 

Note: Originally the plan was to use Adobe Lightroom to make all the artwork tile sized and uniform, but that covered up a lot of the details of the art. So, Dynamite arranged them into four separate murals, so she could work with bigger pics. She used Adobe to play with the layout after she had them laid out, then she merged the four murals into an Adobe Photoshop skin.