Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: What if instead of the amulet being sent to Angel, it got sent to Xander in Africa instead?
 
Going on a solo mission in the desert wasn't quite the therapeutic escape Xander had hoped for to help him move on with his life post-Sunnydale. But, when Xander finds himself a new travel companion, he discovers that having an obnoxious vampire-ghost to keep him company might actually be worse than being alone in the desert.
 
Originally written for the Elysian Fields 2020 Challenge Month. Edited 2022 with posting to SAD.
 
Categories: Post-Series
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Original Characters, Xander
Genres: Action/Adventure, HEA/HFN, Lighthearted
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Sexual Situations, Violence
Completed: Yes Chapters: 8
Word count: 15,764 Hit Count: 11,127 ePub Downloads: 9
Published: 09/15/22 Updated: 11/03/22


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Hey guys! I plan to start posting a few of my older stories here at SunnyD AD (my favorites at least). I wrote this a few years ago and plan to upload at least weekly. This story is short, 8 chapters total.
 
For a good chunk of this story, this is a buddy-fic with Spike and Xander but will 100% be Spuffy by the end. 
 
Also, I have never been to Africa, so be prepared for generically written African accents, facts researched via Wikipedia, and probably an accidental stereotype or two. I mean no offense; this is all for entertainment purposes only. 
 
Disclaimer: It all belongs to Joss. Grr, Arg. Chapters are titled after stories from the One Thousand and One Nights folk tales. No copyright infringement is intended. You know the drill.

1. Tale of the Merchant and the Genie by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 2 Word Count: 1,769 Hit Count: 1,421 Published: 09/15/22

2. Tale of the Bull and the Ass by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 2 Word Count: 2,618 Hit Count: 1,446 Published: 09/22/22

Previously Xander was making his way through the Sahara desert in Africa. While on the hunt to find a new slayer he came across a bazaar. There one of the merchants gave him an amulet that looked suspiciously like the one Spike wore in the Hellmouth. That night dust and ash erupted from the amulet.

3. Tale of the Birds and Beasts and the Carpenter by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 1 Word Count: 2,377 Hit Count: 1,350 Published: 09/29/22

Previously Spike and Xander made their way back to the Bazaar while searching for the slayer. There they discovered no one else could see Spike other than Xander and a shop-girl.

4. The Three Unfortunate Lovers by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 1 Word Count: 2,254 Hit Count: 1,426 Published: 10/06/22

Previously Xander and Spike teamed up with a local shop-girl, Laila, and continued their search for the new slayerette until they were lured into a trap by a sand-demon.

5. The Stolen Necklace by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 1 Word Count: 1,948 Hit Count: 1,364 Published: 10/13/22

Previously Xander, Spike, and Laila defeated the sand demon and freed the new slayer.

6. One Thousand and One Nights by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 1 Word Count: 1,873 Hit Count: 1,391 Published: 10/20/22

Previously Xander and his clan of wandering misfits boarded a train with plans of meeting up with Willow in Cairo. On the train ride, Xander and Laila discovered that Spike wasn't the only spirit trapped in the amulet.

7. Tale of the Lover Who Feigned Himself a Thief by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 1 Word Count: 1,320 Hit Count: 1,353 Published: 10/27/22

Previously Spike, Xander, and Laila sent the new Slayer off on a plane to England then met Willow at the airport and were surprised to find Buffy with her.

8. The Sleeper and the Waker by SlayrGrl - Likes: 2 Comments: 2 Word Count: 1,605 Hit Count: 1,376 Published: 11/03/22

Previously Willow was able to spell Spike back into a state of solidness, and Spike and Buffy finally got a moment of alone time when a scream from down the hall distracted them.