Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Updated! Buffy and Spike’s night out might be date-like, but it is most definitely not a date! A fresh take on Life Serial, told in comic form.
Banner Art By: Grief Counseling
Categories: Season 6, Graphic Arts, Sunnydale After Dark Exclusive
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: Angst, Comedy, HEA/HFN, Romance, UST
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language
Completed: No Chapters: 2
Word count: 2 Hit Count: 378 ePub Downloads: 0
Published: 04/18/24 Updated: 04/27/24


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Dusty: I am just the luckiest fic writer in all the land that the great and mighty Grief Counseling was not only willing to collaborate with me again (huzzah!!), but that we are actually truly really creating a comic fic!!! We’ve talked about doing this for ages and I honestly never expected it to really happen because a comic requires soooo much artwork and I can contribute NOTHING artistically! So what kind of crazy person would ever agree to do all that work?! Well, I’m so glad you’re that crazy, Griefy, because you were born to make comic art! I’ll never get over how gorgeous the artwork is, how fast you make it, and how perfectly you interpret everything I write and make it even better and more than it was! You’re a dream partner, and I’m so thankful! I hope everyone enjoys this little comic fic as much as we are enjoying making it. That seems unlikely, but here’s hoping!
 
Grief Counseling: I AM SO EXCITED. So excited. A: I get to collaborate with Dusty again, and that's always a blast, because she's maybe my favorite person and we often have the same thoughts and totally trust one another to do our own thing. That's such a huge deal. B: I get to DRAW AND COLOR AND MAKE PRETTIES. I have always wanted to make a comic book for this fandom (I've dabbled outside of the BtVS-verse but never fully realized) so this is a massive fantasy that I'm delighted to finally share with you! Dusty's writing is so whip-smart and perfect for a comic book since she adores writing dialog, and we enjoy reading it, and then I get to hunt down ref photos for the perfect expressions which is not at ALL A CHORE! Except for the hand cramping. It's a good cramp, though. Please be patient as we move ahead. I'm fast, but only when I'm not slammed with work! This is too fun to ignore. LET'S GOOOOOOO!

1. Pages 1-4 by Grief Counseling - Likes: 27 Comments: 34 Word Count: 1 Hit Count: 246 Published: 04/18/24

2. Pages 5-9 by Dusty - Likes: 19 Comments: 14 Word Count: 1 Hit Count: 132 Published: 04/27/24

WE'RE BACK! And Buffy wants everyone to remember that this is definitely not a date. Enjoy!!