Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Written Designed for honeygirl51885
Spike and Buffy are bandmates, the only way they can express their feelings is in the lyrics they write together…
A Gift For: honeygirl51885
Beta: MaggieLaFey
Banner Art By: loveisntbrains
Categories: All Human, Alternate Universe, Graphic Arts, Song Fic
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angel, Oz
Genres: Alternate Reality, Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 275 Hit Count: 156 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: 12/12/23 Updated: 12/12/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes: Happy holidays honeygirl51885! You asked for an alternate reality/all humans/song fic and since I have no writing skills, I hope this gift will somehow fulfill your requests! 💜

A big thank you to my wonderful beta, MaggieLaFey, who helped me put my thoughts into words and whose enthusiasm constantly fuels my creativity!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. ready for it? by loveisntbrains - Likes: 9 Comments: 4 Word Count: 275 Hit Count: 156 Published: 12/12/23

I thought it would be nice adding some context to the visual story (?) I’m going to post:

Spike and Buffy are both members of the same band; he’s the lead singer, and she plays the bass (and sings).
In the beginning, the band consisted of Buffy (bassist), Angel (drummer), Oz (guitarist), and Devon (singer). However, when the decision was made to turn their passion into a full-time job, Devon dumped them, prompting the need for a new lead singer. Spike entered the scene as an old friend of Oz's, and they joined forces. The band gained popularity quickly.
These days, although their feelings for each other are growing stronger, Buffy and Spike keep their emotions hidden. They share a few secret nights together, but they don’t want to make their non-relationship public, not even among their bandmates, so as not to disrupt their internal balance and to avoid spreading gossip that could potentially break the band if things don't work out.
Among other things, when they were not popular – and Spike wasn’t in the band – Buffy used to be involved with the drummer, Angel, and it didn't end well. She swore off dating bandmates.
The only way they can express their feelings is in the lyrics they write together…