Sunnydale After Dark
Summary:  Sunnydale is practically in ruins, and the human population suffers under the rule of the Master. Rupert Giles contacts the Slayer, Buffy Summers, to tell her that her help is desperately needed.
Buffy just wants to do her duty: kill the vampires. Save the humans. Move on. After all, that's really all a Slayer is meant for. She needs to kill the Master. It's her duty.
Angel wants to help the residents of Sunnydale, and he would, except there's only one of him, not to mention the fact that he spends most of his conscious hours (and some of his unconscious hours) being tortured by vampire Willow. He needs to escape, regain some of his strength, and then kill the Master. Once, it was his duty. Now? It's personal.
Spike thinks that Sunnydale would be the perfect place to set up shop, except that the established vampires don't like that idea very much, and Spike doesn't want to be the Master's lapdog. He needs a way to dispose of the Master, and hey, if he can bag another Slayer, then that's a bonus.
All three of them want something. They all need something. They're going to have to work together...at least for a little while. 
Originally written and posted to Elysian Fields for the 2023 Truce Challenge. 
Banner Art By: Harlow Turner
Categories: Season 3, Alternate Universe, Episode Rewrite
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angel, Giles, The Master, Willow, Xander
Genres: Action/Adventure, Alternate Reality, Apocalyptic/Dystopian , Dark, Plot-driven, Tragedy
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language, Character Death, Other Mental Health Issues, Sexual Situations, Suicidal Ideation/Thoughts, Torture (Physical), Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 2
Word count: 6,278 Hit Count: 92 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: 11/07/23 Updated: 11/20/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Well. This is a good bit darker than what I usually write. Lots of warnings. Allow me to elaborate on some of them. The mental health issues and suicidal ideation warnings are for Angel, who is not doing well. As of writing the first chapter, it's fairly mild, but it is there. I plan on having a fade to black sex scene in this fic. That's where the sexual situations warning come in. The torture warning is for a fairly graphic scene in the first chapter. It's much much more graphic than what I usually write, so please be warned, especially if you're easily squicked by such scenes. I feel like violence and adult language speak for themselves, which brings us to...character death. This story has a tragic ending. Angel, Buffy, and Spike are the protagonists of this fic. One of them will not make it out of this alive. Saying who dies would be a pretty big spoiler so...if the thought of any of them dying isn't something you'd be into, then consider yourself warned. Also there's canon villains who are going to die as well.
That being said, I hope you enjoy! The banner was made by me, Harlow!
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I also used some song lyrics in this. I don't own them, either.

1. Chapter 1: Binding Duties by Harlow Turner - Likes: 2 Comments: 2 Word Count: 3,033 Hit Count: 62 Published: 11/07/23

2. Chapter 2: Binding Wounds by Harlow Turner - Likes: 2 Comments: 6 Word Count: 3,245 Hit Count: 30 Published: 11/20/23