Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Updated! Giles and Spike are flatmates, until Olivia comes for a visit in Hush. What if this never happened and the two Brits lived together a bit longer? How would a relationship of fellow countrymen have evolved. And what influence could that have on our beloved Spuffy?
Lets find out.
Betas: flootzavut SomeKindOfADeviant
Banner Art By: Julikobold
Categories: Season 4, POV
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble - BtVS, Giles
Genres: Dramedy, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, POV, Slow Burn
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Buffy/Other (Temp), Self-harm, Suicidal Ideation/Thoughts, Warnings Added As Story Progresses
Completed: No Chapters: 13
Word count: 49,117 Hit Count: 1,176 ePub Downloads: 13
Published: 05/01/23 Updated: 04/18/24


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes:

Sometimes a story prompts a picture, but it can also be the other way around. And this story only happened because I always liked the photo of JM and ASH with the teacups and wanted it on a banner.

Looking through the EF challenges for something to inspire a Spike-Giles-centered story, I found one. 

As in the challenge specified it starts with Hush and there will be no Olivia. But all that in Chapter 1. This little prologue is set a little later in the story (not much). The first chapter is still with my beta flootzavut. I want to do this two Brits thing justice and asked for someone native to the UK to look over it. 

The banner is by me and the prologue is un-beta-ed. 

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Prologue by Julikobold - Likes: 5 Comments: 8 Word Count: 364 Hit Count: 310 Published: 05/01/23

2. Chapter 1 by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,517 Hit Count: 237 Published: 05/26/23

Dialogue partly from the episode Hush.

3. Chapter 2 by Julikobold - Likes: 8 Comments: 8 Word Count: 5,961 Hit Count: 84 Published: 09/15/23

Previously: Olivia cancelled her visit in Hush and Spike stayed with Giles. The vampire struggled with the inability to fight and losing his voice was the cherry on top. At least with Giles he had someone to talk football (don't you dare to call it soccer). 

Author note:

I'm sorry it took so long but the boys are back again. I had to finish another story first but now the grumpy old Brits are my priority and I plan to update more often. 

I'm so grateful that that SomeKindofADeviant agreed to beta and Brit-proof this little story and help me to sift through the chaos that are the English dialects in my mind. 

I hope you enjoy the adventures of this unlikely (or maybe not) pair of roommates. 

Dialogue borrowed from Doomed

4. Chapter 3 by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 6 Word Count: 5,570 Hit Count: 73 Published: 10/21/23

Previously: Giles learnt that Buffy already knew someone in the Initiative and Spike learnt that he can hurt Demons. How will the boys go on from here?

I'm most grateful to SomeKindofADeviant for betaing and brit-picking. She is my saviour.

Dialouge borrowed from A New Man.

5. Chapter 4 by Julikobold - Likes: 8 Comments: 2 Word Count: 2,741 Hit Count: 69 Published: 11/02/23

Previously: Ethan made Giles discover his inner demon and Spike was the only one he could talk to. Literally.

***

Again heaps of gratitude to SomeKindofDeviant for betaing, brit-picking and her patience with my lack of regard for the Oxford comma. I'm working on it.

Dialogue borrowed from The I in Team.

6. Chapter 5 by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 2 Word Count: 5,588 Hit Count: 64 Published: 11/15/23

Previously: Giles had such high hopes for Spike's redemption but the vampire was not as easy to handle as he'd hoped. Until he needed someone to cut out a tracer. 

Dialogue borrowed from Goodbye Iowa.

 

Betaed and brit-picked by the amazing SomeKindOfADeviant who goes above and beyond.

7. Chapter 6 by Julikobold - Likes: 8 Comments: 2 Word Count: 4,954 Hit Count: 58 Published: 11/27/23

Previously: After a cosy night in Xander's basement, Buffy and Spike finally met Adam at the Initiative's compound. Vote's still out what was worse.

Dialogue borrowed from Last Year's Girl

Again all the glory to my amazing beta SomeKindOfADeviant.

8. Chapter 7 by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 2 Word Count: 3,629 Hit Count: 54 Published: 12/14/23

Previously: Buffy isn't herself anymore. She is Faith now.

Again my biggest thanks goes to SomeKindOfADeviant for her immense help in betaing and brit-picking.

Dialogue borrowed from Who are you?

9. Chapter 8 by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 2 Word Count: 2,123 Hit Count: 48 Published: 12/30/23

Previously: Faith left behind a beaten and broken Spike. But that is the least of his problems.

 

Again all my gratitude to SomeKindOfADeviant for her betaing and brit-picking.

10. Chapter 9 by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 2 Word Count: 4,880 Hit Count: 40 Published: 01/13/24

Previously: Spike has trouble handling Willow's present. 

 

My gratitude to my awesome beta SomeKindOfADefiant.

11. Chapter 10 by Julikobold - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 4,997 Hit Count: 34 Published: 03/02/24

I'm back. Sorry for the delay, I hope people are still interested in this little story.

Previously: The boys go on a road trip to meet a famous doctor. Who could that be?

 

As always my greatest gratitude goes to SomeKindOfADeviant for betaing and brit-picking.  

12. Chapter 11 by Julikobold - Likes: 4 Comments: 1 Word Count: 2,772 Hit Count: 91 Published: 04/08/24

Previously: The boys met the charming Dr. House. 

I couldn't write this story this without the invaluable input from SomeKindOfADeviant.

 

Lines borrowed from the episode Superstar.

13. Chapter 12 by Julikobold - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 3,021 Hit Count: 14 Published: 04/18/24

Previously: The boys were on a road trip and Jonathan on an ego trip. But all is back to normal in Sunnydale. As normal as Sunnydale can ever be.

Again all my gratitude to SomeKindOfADeviant. Also a shoutout to CosmicTuesday for a character inspiration. Credit where credit's due.

 

Lines borrowed from the episodes Where the Wild Things Are and AtS Five by Five.