Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Updated! Spike goes to the high school to kidnap Willow for a love spell, but gets distracted by someone in the library. It would be rude of him not to say ‘hello’.
Canon up to "Lover's Walk" and then veering wildly off course. 
A Gift For: violettathepiratequeen
Categories: Season 3
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble
Genres: Dramedy, Fluffy, Friendship, Lighthearted, Romance, Slow Burn, UST
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language
Completed: No Chapters: 16
Word count: 84,433 Hit Count: 3,461 ePub Downloads: 9
Published: 04/19/23 Updated: 04/11/24


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: As soon as I saw this idea discussed on Discord months ago, I knew this would be my challenge fic, so many thanks to Violetta and nastieswewhispered for the inspo! We'll see where this takes us and if I can actually stick to my outline (heh), I think we're going to have a fun, bantery, slow-burn. *Fingers crossed* (Read about the challenge here)

Many, many thanks to my lovely beta, Ali!
Big shoutout to Tessa who lets me run every idea by her and then feeds me more plot bunnies to add in.
Banner by me.

-------

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Back to School by scratchmeout - Likes: 12 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,257 Hit Count: 571 Published: 04/19/23

2. The Bet by scratchmeout - Likes: 13 Comments: 6 Word Count: 2,845 Hit Count: 398 Published: 05/23/23

Previously: Spike headed to the high school to kidnap Willow, but found Buffy just too darn alluring. He was intrigued by her obstacle course and bet her that he could beat her time and if he did he could have "anything he wanted, within reason".

3. A Nice Young Man by scratchmeout - Likes: 7 Comments: 3 Word Count: 4,924 Hit Count: 368 Published: 06/01/23

Previously: Buffy and Spike competed, Spike won, and he told Buffy he wanted them to be friends. Joyce called Buffy, but freaked when Angel showed up at her door.

Some dialogue inspiration from "Lovers Walk" by Dan Vebber.

4. We're Just Not Killing This One by scratchmeout - Likes: 9 Comments: 4 Word Count: 5,875 Hit Count: 364 Published: 06/15/23

Previously: Spike had a heart-to-heart with Joyce over hot cocoa; Buffy talked to Angel and it didn't really go anywhere; and during patrol, Spike taunted Angel about Buffy's lack of trust in him.

A line of dialogue borrowed and manipulated for my own enjoyment from "Lovers Walk" by Dan Vebber.

 

5. Only Child Syndrome by scratchmeout - Likes: 7 Comments: 3 Word Count: 4,587 Hit Count: 279 Published: 06/20/23

Previously: Angel left for L.A.; Spike rented an apartment; and Buffy introduced Spike to the group as something different, an ally.

6. Done by scratchmeout - Likes: 9 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,858 Hit Count: 309 Published: 07/03/23

Previously: Buffy asked Willow about her and Xander; Faith and Spike also became friends, which made Buffy a teensy bit jealous; and Buffy and Spike talked about it... like friends? 

Line borrowed from "Dopplegangland" by Joss Whedon

7. Something is Happening by scratchmeout - Likes: 11 Comments: 3 Word Count: 7,664 Hit Count: 296 Published: 07/06/23

Previously: Buffy and Spike continue to grow their friendship; the truth about Willow and Xander came out; a new student arrived named Anya; and Spike made a vague wish.

---

Two updates in a week? YUP! I'm still behind on comments, so consider this a thank you.

8. Maybe Something Will by scratchmeout - Likes: 6 Comments: 2 Word Count: 8,028 Hit Count: 226 Published: 07/23/23

Previously: Spike made a wish. Buffy helped Spike paint. (that wasn't the wish ;) )

9. Ringing in the New Year by scratchmeout - Likes: 8 Comments: 5 Word Count: 6,561 Hit Count: 122 Published: 08/13/23

Previously: Spike and Faith celebrated the holidays with Buffy and Joyce; Buffy and Spike exchanged presents... and some sexy dreams, courtesy of a surprising new enemy.

10. Eighteen by scratchmeout - Likes: 9 Comments: 9 Word Count: 7,669 Hit Count: 111 Published: 09/02/23

Previously: The Gang celebrated the New Year at the Bronze, with Spike joining them. And you know you can't start the new year without a little kiss at midnight.

11. You're Lucky I Don't Eat People Anymore by scratchmeout - Likes: 6 Comments: 3 Word Count: 4,915 Hit Count: 110 Published: 09/29/23

Previously: Buffy turned 18 and battled a crazy vampire. Also, Buffy and Spike decided that even if they were confused about what was or wasn't happening between them, at least they were confused together.

12. You Have Tells by scratchmeout - Likes: 11 Comments: 1 Word Count: 4,341 Hit Count: 108 Published: 10/27/23

Previously: Spike and Xander bonded. Faith and Xander possibly bonded in a different way. And Spike and Buffy... were glad to see each other.

13. Finesse by scratchmeout - Likes: 9 Comments: 5 Word Count: 7,514 Hit Count: 78 Published: 11/13/23

Previously: Buffy and Spike talked about what was going on with them, his spy work with the Mayor, and what's been going on with Faith.

14. In Your Corner by scratchmeout - Likes: 8 Comments: 4 Word Count: 6,875 Hit Count: 67 Published: 03/28/24

Previously: Faith accidentally kills the Deputy Mayor while out with Spike.

15. You heard that, huh? by scratchmeout - Likes: 8 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,741 Hit Count: 29 Published: 04/08/24

Previously: Choices were made in regards to Faith. Buffy and Spike had it out and came to an understanding.

16. Surprises are nice! by scratchmeout - Likes: 8 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,779 Hit Count: 25 Published: 04/11/24

Previously: Buffy could hear everyone's thoughts and she learned a whole bunch of stuff, especially about Spike.

TWO chapters this week, so if you missed the update be sure to read chapter 15 first :)