Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: After listening to Xander’s little “Riley is great” speech, Buffy runs into Anya, who may just have some advice of her own for the Slayer.
Beta: Doublemeat Palace
Banner Art By: honeygirl51885
Categories: Season 5, Missing Scene
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anya
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 3,430 Hit Count: 574 ePub Downloads: 4
Published: 01/25/23 Updated: 01/25/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes: A huge thank you to Doublemeat Palace for betaing this story!
 
This story starts immediately after Xander finishes his speech about how Riley is the one and Buffy would be a fool to let him go.
 
I got the idea for this story from a conversation with cawthraven and HappyWhenItRains on Discord. We were talking about shows/musicals Anya would have liked, namely Why Women Kill, Chicago and Six; and how she would have loved these women for taking vengeance into their own hands, but have been bummed about not getting to take action herself.
 
I started thinking more about Anya and was going to post a comment about how if she and Buffy would have been closer, she would have had a very different perspective for Buffy about Riley’s infidelity. But, I got tied up with something and when I got the chance to come back, things had already moved on.
 
I couldn’t shake the idea about how if Anya had been more developed in S5, she would have hated Riley for what he did to Buffy. Or, at the very least would not have been sorry to see him leave. I decided to go ahead and write this little “what if” scene. I hope you like it!
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by honeygirl51885 - Likes: 7 Comments: 8 Word Count: 3,430 Hit Count: 574 Published: 01/25/23

I didn’t add the HEA/HFN tag, but this does have a positive, “things are looking hopeful” kind of ending.

Some dialogue taken from BtVS episode 5.10 “Into the Woods.”