Sunnydale After Dark
Summary:

Set around mid Season 6 (likely sometime between 6x12 "Doublemeat Palace" and 6x13 "Dead Things"). It's Xmas Eve but Buffy isn't feeling very festive. Sunnydale is hosting a Winter Wonderland fair and Buffy decides to visit it after patrol, hoping to get in the mood for the small gathering that Dawn insisted on having at their place. Before going home she crosses paths with the Guardian of a mysterious Wishing Well… 

Written for the “2022 White Elephant Exchange” event at SAD. 
Full prompt (by ashcrashed) + warnings explanation in the Story Notes.

Series: Entries for SAD Events
, Series: Fade Into You
A Gift For: ashcrashed
Banner Art By: VeroNyxK84
Categories: Season 6, One-Shot, Sunnydale After Dark Exclusive
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anya, Dawn, Tara, Willow, Xander
Genres: Alternate Reality, Angst, Drama, Friendship, HEA/HFN, Holiday Fic, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, UST
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language, Other Mental Health Issues
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 13,702 Hit Count: 941 ePub Downloads: 11
Published: 12/13/22 Updated: 12/13/22


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes:

Prompt (by ashcrashed): Buffy and Spike stuck together (literally stuck to each other) by any means (magic spell gone awry, handcuffs gone haywire, etc), and they have to work together to come undone. Or take advantage of it.

WARNINGS EXPLANATION 
Adult Language: Coarse language + hinting to sexual situations (NO explicit scenes, NO smut) 
Other Mental Health Issues: Buffy is struggling with depression and her mind goes to a few darkish places

— 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. It's Always Darkest Before The Dawn by VeroNyxK84 - Likes: 20 Comments: 28 Word Count: 13,702 Hit Count: 941 Published: 12/13/22

Story set in Alternative Reality because what happens here would not fit with the canon events of the second half of Season 6. 
The beginning is somewhat dark-ish but the tone gets lighter as the story progresses. It is a HEA/HFN story after all.

Chapter title “It’s Always Darkest Before the Dawn” from the lyrics of “Shake It Out” by Florence + the Machine (Ceremonials, 2011) 
This song and particularly the quote I used has been my anchor when I was struggling with depression.
10 years later it still gives me goosebumps. 

Thank you to my friends N. and M. for proofreading in such a short time.