Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: Challenge response. 
Prompt: Picks up during S7, ep. 7x13 "The Killer in Me", where Spike is in tremendous pain from the misfiring chip and Buffy is frantically trying to help him. They go together to the Initiative... however, the soldiers do NOT show up when they do in canon. And in her desperation to help end Spike's suffering, she at least contemplates a mercy kill.

Written for the "Mercy" challenge issued by GetItDone hosted at SAD 

Banner by me 


Series: Made For One Another
Categories: Season 7, Challenge Response, Missing Scene, One-Shot, Sunnydale After Dark Exclusive
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language, Alcohol/Drug Use
Challenges: Mercy
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 1,925 Hit Count: 1,764 ePub Downloads: 7
Published: 08/24/22 Updated: 08/24/22


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

Story Notes: Once again I stumbled into a challenge that spoke to me in ways that I couldn't ignore. 
I'm currently writing a multi-chapter story (Perfect Clarity) which turned out to be a rewrite of S7 and I had just written the bit about Spike's chip when I decided to take a look at the challenges issued here at SAD. When I read this one I knew that I had to give it a try. For various reasons I couldn't explore this particular angle in my WIP and this sounded like the perfect opportunity to do it. 
— 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Mercy by VeroNyxK84 - Likes: 13 Comments: 11 Word Count: 1,925 Hit Count: 1,764 Published: 08/24/22

Rated [R] for language.
The warning about "Alcohol/Drug Use" is due to the fact that there are a few references to said use. 

Not Beta'd—All mistakes are mine and mine alone.