Sunnydale After Dark
Summary: What if Spike left after Get it Done? How would Buffy react?
And what would happen if she then found out, that he was now living with his Ex, Drusilla?
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right? Maybe not.
Beta: Desicat
Banner Art By: VeroNyxK84
Categories: Season 7, Challenge Response, POV, Song Fic
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Andrew Wells, Dawn, Drusilla, Ensemble
Genres: Drama, HEA/HFN, POV
Warnings: (Click Here To Reveal) Adult Language, Character Death, Suicidal Ideation/Thoughts, Warnings Added As Story Progresses
Challenges: Spike Gets Back with Dru & Buffy Realizes She’s Jealous (Author’s Choice)
Completed: Yes Chapters: 11
Word count: 33,083 Hit Count: 2,615 ePub Downloads: 14
Published: 04/07/23 Updated: 09/10/23


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Share Story:

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Dear gentle reader, 
Welcome to my first multi chaptered story.
It was a novel experience to organize and plan an outline, only to have the characters do their own thing.  
But why should they behave any different then the story itself? 
The idea of a different ending for Get it Done has been living in my mind for some time, but I never expected to write it out. It was just to vague.  
Then EF challenge month happened and I came across this challenge by Lady Emma. It felt like a missing piece was slotting into place. Instead of Spike meeting some undefined, unnamed character, I could have a little family reunion with Drusilla. From then on the story was working out itself.  
It was not a perfect fit, but the challenge was a major influence, to even start writing the story. After contacting Lady Emma and outlining my idea she approved the changes to be still eligible.  
Excuse me gentle reader, if you came here in expectation of time travel or post-series, I’m very sorry to let you down. Maybe you want to give it a chance nonetheless.  
Also, I never intended to write a song fic, but here it is. And I’m not even that fond of Elvis. But as the titles imposed themselves on the story, you will find the respective lyrics in the chapter end notes.  
Another premiere was working with a beta. Fortunately Desicat answered my request and her feedback and questions were a tremendous help.  
The amazing banner was created by VeroNyxK84 and the urge to share it with you, gentle reader, gave me extra motivation to keep writing.  
I’m most thankful to both of them for their support. It helped to stay focused, even if my dear characters were behaving like erring children.  
Also be alerted, that I frequently switch POVs, so you will not only delve into the minds of Buffy and Spike, but also those of Dawn, Andrew and Drusilla.  
But rest assured, gentle reader, it is an interesting place to be. 

Now I will stop pestering you and hope you enjoy my little creation. 

Feel free to leave your feedback. I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts.  
 
Your most obliged and affectionate author  
Juli  
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 - Suspicious Minds by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,895 Hit Count: 489 Published: 04/07/23

Starting point is the evening at the end of Get it Done. Buffy is back at home and the characters assess the day's events.

2. Chapter 2 - (It’s a) Long Lonely Highway by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,393 Hit Count: 366 Published: 04/21/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

After the events of Get it Done, Spike contemplated his place in the house on Revello and decided to leave.

3. Chapter 3 - Viva Las Vegas by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 6 Word Count: 3,263 Hit Count: 352 Published: 05/05/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

While Spike is on his way to Las Vegas, Buffy realizes that he left.
And Dawn is not happy with the living conditions in the house.

4. Chapter 4 - I can’t stop loving you by Julikobold - Likes: 7 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,601 Hit Count: 391 Published: 05/19/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:
Spike met up with Dru and was treated to a great surprise.

5. Chapter 5 – Anything that’s part of you by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,405 Hit Count: 412 Published: 06/02/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:
Andrew wanted to be a story teller but had to face his own history.

6. Chapter 6 - Devil in Disguise by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,534 Hit Count: 136 Published: 08/04/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:
The First let Buffy know with whom Spike was living. Enter jealous Slayer.

 

I'm back. There was a lot event writing happening and this story got a little bit neglected. But not totally because I'm happy to tell that in between all the event stuff I did a lot of writing for this and it is actually finished. Therefore I will post one chapter per week from now on. I hope that makes up for the long break.

7. Chapter 7 – Always on my mind by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 2 Word Count: 3,164 Hit Count: 102 Published: 08/11/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

Dawn, with Willow's help, did a spell to find out where Spike is. What will they do with the knowledge?

8. Chapter 8 - A little less conversation by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 2 Word Count: 4,011 Hit Count: 91 Published: 08/18/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

Dawn and Andrew tricked Buffy into going To Las Vegas. How will she react to Spike?

9. Chapter 9 – Fools rush in by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,032 Hit Count: 94 Published: 08/25/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

Spike and Buffy had a much needed talk. 

 

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

Spike and Buffy had a much needed talk. 

 

Dialogue borrowed from the episodes Touched and End of Days.

10. Chapter 10 – If I can dream by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,173 Hit Count: 87 Published: 08/31/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

Our heroes are back in Sunnydale. 

 

Dialogue borrowed from the episodes End of Days and Chosen.

 

As I'm on the road most of tomorrow, this week's chapter one day earlier. I hope you don't mind.

11. Epilogue – Love me Tender by Julikobold - Likes: 6 Comments: 6 Word Count: 2,612 Hit Count: 95 Published: 09/10/23

Previously on A Family Room at the Heartbreak Hotel:

Sunnydale is dust, the hellmouth is closed. Spike is gone. Where do the survivors go from here? 

 

Dialogue borrowed from the episode A Hole in the World.